IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER: While every attempt has been made to ensure the information on the City of Mbombela’s Website is accurate, Mbombela Municipality does not accept any claims arising out of inaccuracies caused by human error or electronic fault or in any other form whatsoever. Should you find any inaccuracies, kindly forward the information to the firstname.lastname@example.org
Visitor’s Information Guide
City of Mbombela © 2020. All Rights Reserved | Terms & Conditions
Water and Sewer programs at Mbombela Local Municipality aim to make measurable and sustainable improvements in water supply, sanitation, hygiene, and the overall environment in the communities we serve.
We recognize that in order to successfully improve health in developing areas, programs must be comprehensive, targeting both the direct and indirect causes of poor health and nutrition.
We therefore integrate our water and sanitation projects into our health and nutrition programs, as well as our workforce & enterprise development and food security & agriculture programs.
Municipal Water and Sewer Services
- Abstractions of raw water from various sources
- Treatment/purification of raw water into drinking water standard
- Distribution of treated water through transmission
- Distribution network to domestic and industrial or commercial customers
- Collections of waste water from domestic and industrial or commercial customers through a sewage system
Preserve water today for a better tomorrow
Water and Sewer Services
Ensuring Clean and Safe Water
- More than 1.5 billion people on the planet do not have access to safe and adequate water supply.
- It is estimated that 50% of the world's population lacks access to adequate sanitation
- The average African family uses about 5 gallons of water each day
- Poor people in the developing world pay on average 12 times more per liter of water than their fellow citizens connected to municipal systems.
Who’s in Charge?
Mrs L Zulu
Water and Sanitation
Key Performance Areas
013 759 9041
013 759 9329